New England for Offshore Wind Aims To
- Drive governors and legislatures to support regional collaboration and more offshore wind procurements, building the political will to power every home in New England with offshore wind
- Build public support to enable offshore wind projects to come online in a timely, responsible way
When we succeed:
- New England will be at the forefront of offshore wind energy development in the United States, providing thousands of high quality jobs to the region.
- The New England states will be on track to meeting our emissions reduction targets.
- Clean energy will out-compete fossil fuels, forcing dirty power plants to close while creating job transition opportunities and reducing pollution that has negative health impacts on vulnerable communities.
- Offshore wind will provide the clean energy supply needed to electrify our transportation and heating systems as well as protect ratepayers from unpredictable price spikes year round.
- New England will serve as the leading example in how to successfully and responsibly implement an equitable roadmap towards carbon neutrality and combat climate change.
Jobs and Economic Development
Thriving renewable energy industries are vital to mitigating the dire effects of climate change and ensuring that we have a resilient and robust economy. Offshore wind has the potential to support thousands of jobs in New England and boost economic development in the region. As the industry grows, we must take steps to ensure that high-quality, family-sustaining jobs are accessible for all communities.
Read more here >
Health and Equity
Responsibly developed offshore wind has many benefits, including the potential to improve health outcomes in communities that have long borne the brunt of fossil fuel pollution. With the proper policies in place, it can also benefit these communities by increasing economic inclusion and laying the groundwork for an equitable clean energy economy.
Read more here >