New England for Offshore Wind Aims To
- Drive governors and legislatures to support regional collaboration and more offshore wind procurements, building the political will to power every home in New England with offshore wind
- Build public support to enable offshore wind projects to come online in a timely, responsible way
When we succeed:
- New England will be at the forefront of offshore wind energy development in the United States, providing thousands of high quality jobs to the region.
- The New England states will be on track to meeting our emissions reduction targets.
- Clean energy will out-compete fossil fuels, forcing dirty power plants to close while creating job transition opportunities and reducing pollution that has negative health impacts on vulnerable communities.
- Offshore wind will provide the clean energy supply needed to electrify our transportation and heating systems as well as protect ratepayers from unpredictable price spikes year round.
- New England will serve as the leading example in how to successfully implement an equitable roadmap towards carbon neutrality and combat climate change.